29 February 2008

this weekend: cloudy, gray, dark and ominous

five words that describe me. click here. M emailed me today with 'i cannot believe you took those photos with your camera phone....' me neither was my answer. all weekend photos will be taken with my Verizon Voyager. random tidbits: a yurt actually is an acronym for year-round, universal, recreational tent. i had not known that. and in the Pioneer Square that i walk through everyday there is a weather machine that plays a musical fanfare and sends forth one of three creatures depending on the day's weather. all this time living here and walking right by it. well ... i'm on the hunt for this mythical shiny sphere. the orb opens to reveal one of the following: a golden sun, for a clear day; a great blue heron, to forecast a rainy day; an open-mouthed dragon, when storms are forecast.

1 comment:

andrea said...

a. I love your words.

b. I cannot believe those cameraphone shots. the ones of the flowers are gorgeous.

c. I absolutely did not know that about the yurt. makes total sense and such a fun word to say, don't you think?

xoxo